Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Blizzard Warning!

I know I should probably be complaining about this, like everybody else, but I still get a real kick out of having an actual blizzard warning. In central Ohio, where I grew up, we did not get blizzards. (There were actual blizzard conditions last winter, and they're still talking about it a year later.) Actual blizzards always belonged to the world of, say, Little House on the Prairie, so for me to say "we're supposed to be having a blizzard!" is kind of like stepping into one of the stories I read as a child.

That, and it really impresses my classmates from the South.

Still, as I type this, there are kids who need to get home safely from school, workers who need to get home safely from jobs, and probably all kinds of folks for whom this weather is really threatening, not just inconvenient. So, even as I secretly thrill to hear the word "blizzard" being thrown around, I'll also say a few prayers for those who do not have that luxury.
~Pastor Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment