Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Prayers: Wedding season

This is definitely wedding season in Starbuck--and with four congregations, we keep pretty busy! Early summer weddings are happening, and late summer/fall weddings are in the works. We usually use the PREPARE-ENRICH program for preparation, which is useful and fun (okay, I think it's fun), but it does involve a lot of extra meetings!

I used to worry about working on weddings--what do I know about them, anyway? But now I approach them in the spirit of "we'll learn about this together, which is much more helpful. One of the things I've noticed is that wedding planning seems to be awfully stressful! So some extra prayers would be good--for all those who are getting ready of to be married, and also for those who are recently married. Two people are not supposed to be able to make it on their own--they're supposed to have the support of God and of the whole church!
~Pastor Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment