Monday, February 9, 2009

This is more like it

Today is cold and wet and dreary, which is pretty much the definition of winter back in Ohio. So I actually feel right at home. (It's slightly depressing, of course, but that's how it's supposed to feel.)

I would post the text of my mini-sermon from the service on the lake yesterday, but it was partly based on a previous post, so there it is already (almost). For all that I protest about the sheer insanity of standing on a frozen lake when the temperature isn't even freezing, it was tremendously fun. (I made up a few theories about the effect of large cracks on the way out. I can't help it. I just wonder about things like that.) I even got to stand on an area of clear ice and hear it cracking (after which I stopped doing that). I have concluded that ice fishers are either brave or crazy, but in a good way.

The ice had me pretty well distracted at first, but the service was delightful. We had a small, dedicated little group, and the weather was magnificent. Once again, I was happy to be part of this community.
~Pastor Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment