Thursday, April 9, 2009

Christ has died. Christ is risen. Christ will come again.

I love this line, which is one of the traditional responses to the eucharistic prayer. If you are looking for a concise, easy-to-remember proclamation of the gospel, you can't really improve on, "Christ has died. Christ is risen. Christ will come again." That's pretty much the whole gospel story right there, waiting to be unpacked. Which is more or less what Maundy Thursday is getting at, when you get right down to it. (If you're not sure what I mean, I will be happy to explain, but I had better not do it right now, or I won't make it to the Maundy Thursday service at 7 o'clock.)

In completely unrelated news, I recently happened to stumble across a blog for Gettysburg Seminary, which doesn't have very many posts, but they have excellent taste in blogger templates, don't you think?
~Pastor Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment