Saturday, January 10, 2009

It's that time of year...

This is annual report/congregational meeting season. It seems strange to be writing an annual report when I have been here less than a year!

Unless I am miscounting (which sometimes happens), I have been here almost exactly six months. I can't decide if it feels like I've always been here, or if it seems like I just got here. You would think it would be easy to tell the two apart, but not so much.

Our gospel lesson for this Sunday, the Baptism of Our Lord, is Mark 4:4-11. Even though I've never preached it before, I get this weird déjà vu feeling whenever I read it. This was the reading first lesson for the first day camp I ever did, way back in a little town in Ohio called Gallipolis (Bob Evans territory). I had the fifth and sixth grade too-cool-for-camp group, and I really had no idea what I was doing. But it turned out okay, which was a good lesson for me, anyway.
~Pastor Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment