Thursday, June 4, 2009

Happy June!

Wow! June has just begun, and it feels like we're already off to a running start! How quickly things seem to run at this time of year--the school year and the Easter season are wrapping up, but summer activities and new directions are just getting started.


psalm 23
Originally uploaded by khrawlings
This morning I was doing a Hebrew word-study (of all things) and I thought I would share one of the tools I was using, because it is so cool! The NET Bible is a free online Bible using a new English translation that is generally pretty solid. But what I really like about it is that it has tons and tons of translators' notes, even making such exotic topics as text criticism accessible to someone who hasn't studied the original languages. And now, if you click on a verse number, you get a BibleWorks-like comparison of translations, including Greek and Hebrew and links to concordances.

I happen to think that exploring biblical languages and translations is The Coolest Thing Ever, but even if you aren't as interested in languages as I am, this is a useful tool for devotional study, or for whiling away those extra hours that come up when you're, say, transitioning between being at college and being back home in the summer.

(It even tells you how to pronounce the Hebrew. How cool is that?)
~Pastor Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment